You can translate the question and the replies:

PostgreSQL Data Movement Error

At present, I’m consuming data from a PostgresDB and looking to write to another PostgresDB using the below statement, however it returns an error stating the ‘Virtual Data Port does not support data movements to data source’ and lists a number of supported databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, etc. Have you faced this before? Is there a resolution? ``` CREATE VIEW dataMoveView AS SELECT p_policy.id FROM p_policy INNER JOIN p_underwriting_policy ON (p_policy.id.id = p_underwriting_policy.id) CONTEXT( DATAMOVEMENTPLAN = p_underwriting_policy: JDBC dl_stratatech ); ``` Thanks Ian
user
18-04-2018 00:53:02 -0400
code

2 Answers

Hi, The Data Movement optimization is supported for those databases supported as Cache Engine. Unfortunately, Postgres is currently not on the list of supported databases for Denodo Cache Engine. Please refer to [User Manuals / Virtual DataPort Administration Guide / Optimizing Queries / Data Movement](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/optimizing_queries/data_movement/data_movement) as well as to [User Manuals / Virtual DataPort Administration Guide / Cache Module](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/cache_module/cache_module#cache-module) for further information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
18-04-2018 11:49:32 -0400
code
Hi, Thanks for your response. Following the documentation, you link too above, it states we can write cache to PostgreSQL using the generic connection. I've connected this and the JDBC connects fine and the user has admin privileges, however receive the following error; Operation completed with errors: Error saving cache settings: unexpected error storing data source: There was an error inserting a new row in the table 'vdb_cache_names' of the cache database. : A lock could not be obtained within the time requested. There is very minimal answers when I have googled this, Can you advise?
user
19-04-2018 01:44:24 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here