You can translate the question and the replies:

Skiiping first 3 rows in csv datasources

Hi How to create a datasource for a csv delimiter which i need to skip first 3 rows of the file? the first 3 lines has description about the data and it has only one column and starting from 4th line it has 10 columns.
CSV
user
04-11-2021 22:17:39 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, In order to create a data source for a CSV file which would retrieve the data by skipping the first 3 rows of the file, I would make use of the **Start of data zone delimiter** option. Ideally this will identify the position in the file where the data source has to start retrieving the data. For instance, I would perform the following steps to skip the first 3 rows of the file. In my scenario, I have a sample CSV file with 3 rows of description and the actual data starts from the 4th row which is comma-separated: * Create a Delimited file data source and specify the delimiter in the column delimiter section. * In the Start of data zone delimiter, I would specify the below Java regular expression which would retrieve data from the 4th row. `(.*\n)(.*\n)(.*\n) ` * Note that this expression is based on the sample file I used, you can modify the values according to your CSV file/requirements. You could take a look at the [Delimited File Sources ](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/delimited_file_sources/delimited_file_sources)section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more details on the configuration options available for this data source. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-11-2021 03:20:18 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here