You can translate the question and the replies:

Authentication error: The username or password is incorrect

Hi, For following components Denodo 8.0 java 11.0 mac OS 12.1 installation worked and sucessful. Virtual Dataport server running successfully on port 9999. Virtual admin tool lanched successfully. But when i put credentials as admin/admin and URI as //localhost:9999/admin on Admin tool it says "Authentication error: The username or password is incorrect". vdp-admin log says... com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.connection.ConnectionPanel [] - Connection error: com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyException: authentication error: The username or password is incorrect at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.getVDBConnection(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-admintool.jar:8.0.3] at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyConnection.doGetConnection(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-admintool.jar:8.0.3] at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyConnection.getConnection(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-admintool.jar:8.0.3] at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.serverfacade.VDBServerFacade.login(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-admintool.jar:8.0.3] at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.serverfacade.VDBServerFacade.login(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-admintool.jar:8.0.3] at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.model.connection.VDPConnections$1.doInBackground(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-admintool.jar:8.0.3] at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.model.connection.VDPConnections$1.doInBackground(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-admintool.jar:8.0.3] at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:304) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?] at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:343) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) ~[?:?] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) ~[?:?] Any suggestion how to resolve this????
user
22-03-2022 13:13:47 -0400
code

6 Answers

Hi, In any fresh Denodo installation, the default admin credentials will always be admin/admin and I was able to replicate it as well. There are a few scenarios where the **default password** would have been reset by the administrator. I would suggest you to: * Check if an administrator (if a different person) has **reset** the password for ‘**admin**’ * Try logging in with any other **user with administrator privileges** (if any) & reset the password for ‘admin’ user * As a test, replace ‘localhost’ with the computer name (or) ip address of the machine * Alternatively, if Denodo set up is done via a windows emulator for Mac, I would use the hostname/ip address of the virtual machine in the Virtual Dataport Server URI You can also refer to the [Change the Default Passwords](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/platform/installation/postinstallation_tasks/postinstallation_tasks_in_virtual_dataport/change_the_default_password) section under Denodo Platform Installation Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
23-03-2022 07:47:08 -0400
code
Please find reply in bold cases. Check if an administrator (if a different person) has reset the password for ‘admin’ - **fresh installation so no diff person** Try logging in with any other user with administrator privileges (if any) & reset the password for ‘admin’ user - **fresh installation with first time login so no possible to reset password with other user** As a test, replace ‘localhost’ with the computer name (or) ip address of the machine- **tried but no luck** Alternatively, if Denodo set up is done via a windows emulator for Mac, I would use the hostname/ip address of the virtual machine in the Virtual Dataport Server URI - **not using windows emulator for Mac** Please suggest any config changes and try..
user
23-03-2022 09:46:51 -0400
Hi, I would try a fresh installation again to rule out any unknown parameters that might be causing this issue. The error is straightforward pointing to incorrect credentials & there are no configuration changes that would help in this case. Please refer [Launching the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/administration/starting_virtual_dataport/launching_the_administration_tool/launching_the_administration_tool) section under Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Though Denodo doesn’t support MacOS, it should work fine ideally. I would suggest you to verify if the VDP Server & the VDP Administration Tool are of the **same version 8.0**. Additionally, try using **Web Design Studio** by executing <DENODO_HOME>/bin/designstudio_startup.sh & access via the URL 'http://localhost:9999/denodo-design-studio'. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-03-2022 08:56:46 -0400
code
please my reply: I would try a fresh installation again to rule out any unknown parameters that might be causing this issue. The error is straightforward pointing to incorrect credentials & there are no configuration changes that would help in this case. **- Will try and share outcome** Please refer Launching the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool section under Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. -** Ok** Though Denodo doesn’t support MacOS, it should work fine ideally. I would suggest you to verify if the VDP Server & the VDP Administration Tool are of the same version 8.0. - **Same version i.e. 8.0** Additionally, try using Web Design Studio by executing <DENODO_HOME>/bin/designstudio_startup.sh & access via the URL ‘http://localhost:9999/denodo-design-studio‘. **Error message "Bad credentials "** please note port for studio in my case is 9090 whereas port for VDP server is 9999.
user
24-03-2022 09:31:06 -0400
Fresh installation resolved the login issue... Thanks for support
user
24-03-2022 10:25:30 -0400
Hi, I'm glad that you were able to resolve the issue!
Denodo Team
25-03-2022 07:33:20 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here