You can translate the question and the replies:

Spotfire with LB

Hi Support, Have you seen any issues when using a clsuter of Denodo servers behind a load balancer, with Spotfire? When we request data from our AWS Load Balancer thorugh ODBC, Spotfire runs the queries and it seems as though the results are coming back correctly, but then Spotfire always gives me a message that says "The select data table contains no columns". Happens every single time when I hit the LB, but never when I point it to a single Denodo node. We use the LB for everything in our company (both JDBC and ODBC), and its only with Spotfire that I see this behavior. Curious if there was any suggestions... as of now we are running all our Spotfire reporting pointed at a single node. Thanks!
user
10-10-2016 14:01:23 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, When **Spotfire** re-opens a file, it reconstructs any transformations you have made and rebuilds the calculated columns. It does this so that you can load new data and everything will carry on as before. Probably you are having that behaviour with the LB because Spotfire is getting data from different nodes so, as the data has changed, it removes the old calculated data in order to load the new one. I would review the VDP logs to see what is happening on detail. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
11-10-2016 06:52:31 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here