You can translate the question and the replies:

Spotfire Data Source Template for Denodo?

Hi, I'm trying to connect Spotfire to Denodo and I need to create a new data source template within Spotfire (so I can use spotfire to pull data from Denodo). TIBCO has documentation on how to do this: TIBCO Spotfire Server 7.x >> Chapter 11.5 ( available from https://docs.tibco.com/products/tibco-spotfire-server-7-0-1 >> PDF Documents ) The spotfire documentation doesn't provide information on how to connect spotfire to Denodo, instead it gives generic instructions on creating new data sources and a brief description of each of the settings. Do you have an existing XML configuration template that I can plug into Spotfire so I can properly connect Denodo to spotfire? Thank you~!
user
19-01-2016 11:43:53 -0500
code

3 Answers

Hi, To generate the configuration XML file, you can refer to the documentation on how to create an XML configuration here: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/7.0.1/doc/pdf/TIB_sfire_server_7.0.1_installation.pdf. For example, the following command will create an XML configuration file, add-ds-template -n denodo denodo_data_source_definition.xml (The complete set of configuration settings for the xml can be found in "11.5.2 XML Settings" section and the documentation for add-ds-template can be found in the section 'Reference:Commands' > 'add-ds-template') After executing the above command you could see an XML similar to the one below, <jdbc-type-settings> <name>Denodo</name> <enabled>true</enabled> <definition><jdbc-type-settings> <type-name>Denodo</type-name> <driver>com.denodo.vdp.jdbc.Driver</driver> <connection-url-pattern>jdbc:vdb://&lt;server&gt;:&lt;port9999&gt;/&lt;data_base&gt;</connection-url-pattern> <supports-catalogs>false</supports-catalogs> <supports-schemas>false</supports-schemas> <column‐alias‐pattern>$$name$$</column‐alias‐pattern> <use-ansii-style-outer-join>true</use-ansii-style-outer-join> <metadata-provider>com.spotfire.ws.im.ds.sql.BasicJDBCMetadataProvider</metadata-provider> <supports-procedures>true</supports-procedures> </jdbc-type-settings> You should then modify the xml file, specifically you need to note the patterns used for column alias, column name and table name (They use the backtick character `) And also the supports-catalogs and supports-schemas must be false. <jdbc-type-settings> <name>Denodo</name> <enabled>true</enabled> <definition><jdbc-type-settings> <type-name>Denodo</type-name> <driver>com.denodo.vdp.jdbc.Driver</driver> <connection-url-pattern>jdbc:vdb://&lt;server&gt;:&lt;port9999&gt;/&lt;data_base&gt;</connection-url-pattern> <supports-catalogs>false</supports-catalogs> <supports-schemas>false</supports-schemas> <column‐alias‐pattern>`$$name$$`</column‐alias‐pattern> <column‐name‐pattern>`$$name$$`</column‐name‐pattern> <table‐name‐pattern>`$$name$$`</table‐name‐pattern> <use-ansii-style-outer-join>true</use-ansii-style-outer-join> <metadata-provider>com.spotfire.ws.im.ds.sql.BasicJDBCMetadataProvider</metadata-provider> <supports-procedures>true</supports-procedures> </jdbc-type-settings> With this XML, you should be able to connect to Denodo from Spotfire. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
19-01-2016 14:23:29 -0500
code
This is awesome! I'll give it a test and report back.
user
19-01-2016 17:21:32 -0500
Hello, There is a KB article explaining in detail the configuration to access to Spotfire: https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Northbound%20Connections/Connecting%20to%20Denodo%20from%20Tibco%20Spotfire As explained in the article, the property "autoCommit=true" must be set.
Denodo Team
01-08-2016 13:14:16 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here