You can translate the question and the replies:

Add new columns in derived views

Hi, My data source is a mongoDB, As first step I create a collection with a sample of documents. When I add a new document with a new field, I can use "Refresh source" in the base view to have the new field appeared in Denodo, but that's not the case for the derived views. The new field don't appear automatically in the derived views. What to do to have the new field in my derived views? Thank you;
user
23-03-2023 11:07:17 -0400
code

3 Answers

Hi, Understand you would like to add a new column to derived views which you just have created in a base view. In order to add a new column to a base view, you can edit the base view and click source refresh to add a new column name and data type accordingly. If you click ok when done with edit, then a next popup window will open and ask for your confirmation. Before you click ok you can find 2 options of “Keep all with current info” and “Overwrite all with source info” at the top right side of the popup screen. With the “overwrite all with source info” option selected, the new fields should be automatically propagated to the derived view. You can also refresh the tool (File -> Refresh) to see if the field appears. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
24-03-2023 01:31:24 -0400
code
Hi, I added a new column in mongoDB. Using "refresh source" I have the new column in the base view but I don't see the new column on the derived view? How to fix this, I have to alter the derived view each time I have a new column? beacause I didn't get a dynamic change in my derived view. Thank you
user
24-03-2023 07:33:58 -0400
Hi, I could able to reproduce the same issue if I clicked on **ok** button **without** selecting the new fields to be added to the derived view. Notice that, by default the check box are **not** checked. As an workaround I could **drop** all the dependent derived view and **recreate** the derived view including the new fields. In order to **avoid** this issue for next time, I would perform the **source refresh** by using below steps in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool for propagating the changes in both base view and its dependent derived views: **1**. Double click on the **base view** and select the **Edit** tab and Click on [Source refresh](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/source_refresh/source_refresh) button. **2**. Once done, **Refresh base View** pop up screen will display. In that click on **Override all with source info** option and select ‘**ok**’ button. **3**. After that **View affected by modification of <Base_view_name>** pop up screen will display. In that click on **used by** dialog box and select **ok** button. For further assistance and if you are a valid support user then you could raise a support case on [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/MainPage.do) so that our support team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
06-04-2023 07:26:35 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here