You can translate the question and the replies:

List of Datasource

Hi team, I have to list out all the Data Sources which are present in my Design Studio. Along with name , I need other detzails as well like connection string username etc. Can you please tell me how to get this list. Is there any table or procedure which having all the information about Data Source. I am using Denodo 8.0 version.
user
20-01-2023 11:00:05 -0500
code

3 Answers

Hi, In the Virtual DataPort, there is a way to retrieve detailed information about data sources like connection URL, username, database name, etc, by using the DESC statement. 'DESC DATASOURCE <datasource_type> <datasource_name>' You can refer to the [Output Schema of the DESC Commands](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/developer/appendix/output_schema_of_the_desc_commands/output_schema_of_the_desc_commands#output-schema-of-the-desc-commands) section in the **Virtual DataPort Developer Guide** for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
20-01-2023 20:18:06 -0500
code
Hi team, I tried this option , but in this I have to give one datasource name at one time and then it gives me details about that. Do we have any other option like table or procedure which can give me details in one go for all the datasources created. Also , I have checked that we have DataSourceManagementInfo MBean which contains all details about the datasource.Cam you tell me how to use this Mbean. Where I can execute or check this.
user
22-01-2023 09:22:34 -0500
Hi, It is possible to present the output of DESC into a table format. To summarize it, you would have to create a new JDBC data source with your version of Denodo as the adapter and create a ‘base view from query’ using the DESC command and a parameterized query. An example would be: DESC DATASOURCE JDBC <database_name>.<datasource_name> Once created, change the wrapper source configuration to change “Delegate SQL Sentence as Subquery” to ‘No’. To retrieve multiple data sources, you would need to create another view built using the stored procedure GET_ELEMENTS() and join the base view 'database_name' with the stored procedure 'database_name' and base view 'datasource_name' with the stored procedure 'datasource_name'. You can refer to [this similar Q&A](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9064u000000L8YEAA0&title=How+to+present+output+of+DESC+command+in+table+format) for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
30-01-2023 16:12:14 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here