You can translate the question and the replies:

WITH (COMMON TABLE EXPRESSIONS) Denodo Express 6.0

According to your VDP Conformance with Standard SQL document: COMMON TABLE EXPRESSIONS are supported in Denodo 6. Does this apply to Denodo Express as well? My base view fails with the following error: ICTE_TEST_SECOND [BASE] [ERROR] CTE_TEST_SECOND [JDBC WRAPPER] [ERROR] CTE_TEST_SECOND#0 [JDBC ROUTE] [ERROR] Received exception with message 'Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'with'.'
CTE
user
02-03-2017 01:01:09 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, I used the WITH (common table expression ) and it worked fine for me in the Denodo Express 6.0. Your error message states that: Received exception with message "Incorrect syntax near the keyword ‘with’." I tried this example and it worked for me: ``` WITH department_salary (deptno, totalpay) AS (SELECT deptno, SUM(salary) FROM EMP GROUP BY deptno) SELECT deptno FROM department_salary WHERE totalpay = ( SELECT max(totalpay) FROM department_salary ) ``` To learn more about WITH (common table expression) you can read the Advanced VQL Guide under the Section “WITH CLAUSE” If you want more information about the capabilities of Denodo Express 6.0 refer this document. http://www.denodo.com/en/system/files/document-attachments/ds-de-6.0-02.pdf Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
06-03-2017 06:25:45 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here