You can translate the question and the replies:

VQL to Find List of Users that Belong to a Denodo Role

Denodo VDP 6.0 Hi, Can you please let me know a VQL query to find the list of users that belong to a role? I want to write a shell script with embedded VQL that will find the users in a role and add / remove members to the role. Regards, Subrata
user
08-06-2018 17:08:10 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi! There are a couple of ways I can think of where you can get this information. 1) Use a query that executes the stored procedure [catalog_permissions](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/catalog_permissions). The query I came up with is as follows: `SELECT rolename, username FROM catalog_permissions(null,null) WHERE username is not null and rolename = '[list your role name here]' ` 2) If you were to execute the following VQL command: `DESC VQL DATABASE`you will return all of the database metadata information (the metadata returned can be quite large). But near the bottom of all the data, there is a section called *User Privileges*, which will list all the users and their roles. Technically, you can consume this information, and parse out the user data if you prefer that route. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
11-06-2018 18:00:49 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here