You can translate the question and the replies:

Meta Data Store

Can we use Hive/Impala/Hbase or No SQL like Cassandra as Metadata Store for Denodo?
user
02-05-2017 08:06:15 -0400
code

2 Answers

Hi, In Denodo the metadata information is stored in the internal Apache Derby database.As of now there is no option to modify the database option to store the metadata. You have the option to export the metadata from VDP and store it as a backup file. This can be achieved for four options. 1. Goto the tree view of any view and select the element you want to export. 2. File>Export Database. 3. File>Export(This exports all information in the VDP server) 4. Use the export script included in the Denodo Tools toolkit. To know more about how to export metadata information read the section “Exporting the server metadata” of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
03-05-2017 04:52:16 -0400
code
What if the metadata information grows in size? And derby might not be highly available. so what if derby is unavailable or corrupted? I am not convinced that there is only derby as a database to store metadata. If thats the case i see a problem making Denodo Highly available as i see a single point of failure.
user
 Edited on: 24-10-2018 05:00:17 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here