You can translate the question and the replies:

Error when running CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE procedure

I am getting the following error when I try to run the CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE stored procedure via VQL shell: select * from CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE('<vdb_name>'); Finished with error: The user does not have READ privileges on the procedure 'clean_cache_database' The user has Admin rights on the "vdb_name" database. Is there some other privilege needed in order to execute the procedure.
user
15-07-2017 03:15:08 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, I would advise you to check if the user executing the query is an ‘Administrator’ user or ‘Normal User’ in Virtual DataPort. For executing the CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE stored procedure, the executing user must be an Administrator user in Virtual DataPort. If the user is a ‘Normal User’, he will not be able to execute this stored procedure, even though he has ADMIN privilege over the Virtual DataBase. You may refer to the [CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/clean_cache_database) section of Virtual DataPort VQL Guide for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
17-07-2017 08:18:25 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here