You can translate the question and the replies:

How to handle DST change with scheduled jobs

We have jobs in scheduler that are scheduled to run between 2 and 3 AM. When we change from standard time to daylight savings, the 2:00 hour is skipped and our jobs are skipped. Other software such as the Oracle DB Scheduler recognizes that the job should have run and kicks it off immediately. Is there a way to configure these jobs to kick off as soon as the system detects that they should have run (but didn't) ?
user
11-03-2024 11:35:44 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, I would suggest using i18n settings as opposed to handling the misfire that occured. This way the misfire is hopefully avoided entirely. Based off of the information you gave, it sounds like the i18n settings used to execute the job are sensitive to daylight savings. You could try using the agnostic i18n settings for your time zone. So for the Mountain Time Zone use us_mst_mdt instead of us_mst, and for Central Time Zone use us_cst_cdt instead of us_cst, etc. Note that you should not change the setting to be an entirely different time zone. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
11-03-2024 18:01:49 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here