You can translate the question and the replies:

api timeout around 30 seconds

I make an api call from Denodo. The Timeout on the HTTPS Configuration is set to 120 seconds and all the other timeout in vdb is set to a higher value. When I make the call, I need to call the same api twice with different set of inputs. I do a union on the two api calls in a derived view and I am actually calling that derived view from Tableau which in turn is calling the two api's at once. I see that the api fail with a 504 error consistently around 30 seconds all the time. I tried this via postman and do not seem to have any issue. I ran with an explicit CONTEXT ( 'QUERYTIMEOUT' = '900000' ) in VQL Shell as well, but no luck. Is there any additional setting in api that needs to be modified?
api
user
08-09-2022 16:05:30 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hello, I understand that you are trying to union the result of two similar api calls with different input sets and encountering the HTTP error 504. The error code 504 signifies that the requesting server didn’t receive the timely response from the mediating server(like, load balancer) or the main api hosting server. I would recommend that in order to better understand and solve the issue, you can first create and execute both the api-call base views individually in Denodo. That will show whether both the api calls are encountering the timeout issue or one of them. If both of them are failing, that means that Denodo is not able to communicate with the hosting server for this specific api-call and access the data. In that case, you can troubleshoot the access issue for Denodo. If one of them is failing, then probably you can try with other input sets and observe a pattern of input that’s failing and troubleshoot accordingly. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
09-09-2022 18:11:05 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here