You can translate the question and the replies:

change name of interpolation variable in base view

Hi, I have a base view that i created with the mandatory input parameter using this sql statement from create from query command. SQLSENTENCE=select * from edl_cs_space_plan_analysis.v_lab_building_floor_space_org_alllocation where space_control_nbr = '@test' I want to change the name for the variable test to something else without defining the base view again. is there any way for it? please help
user
06-12-2022 10:06:17 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, There are a few ways to change the variable. First, you would need to be in the **Web Design Studio** or **Virtual DataPort Administration Tool** and open the base view you are looking for. Then you can click edit, find ***‘Source Refresh’*** and rename your variable. Another way to change the variable is by opening the base view, find the *‘VQL’* tab, make sure *‘Export dependencies’* is unchecked, copy the VQL by clicking *‘Copy to Clipboard’* and paste it into a VQL Shell. Inside the VQL Shell, you would need to look for **SQLSENTENCE** and change your variable name. Then in **OUTPUTSCHEMA** find the line **<variable_name> = ‘<old_variable>’** and update the old variable to the new variable. You can refer to [Source Refresh](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/source_refresh/source_refresh) in the **Virtual DataPort Administration Guide** for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
06-12-2022 14:03:12 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here