You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo testing tool Error: Test raised an unexpected com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool$PoolInitializationException: Failed to initialize pool: authentication error: The username or password is incorrect

Hi Team, I am trying run some scripts from Denodo testing tool. I have added my username and password that i use to login to Denodo VDP in the configuration. properties file. but it gives me the following error. -(...tool-8.0-20230425\test_dtt.denodotest): Test FAILED. Test raised an unexpected com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool$PoolInitializationException: Failed to initialize pool: authentication error: The username or password is incorrect What would be the reason?
user
06-02-2024 02:55:38 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, It's my understanding that you get an error about incorrect user or password when trying to launch tests in the Denodo Testing Tool. In a nutshell, I would check the authentication properties in the configuration.properties file, and reduce the testing setup to the maximum, to check connectivity and authentication from an external client to check the JDBC connection to VDP first of all, without any other data source. There is a similar type of recommendation in [this thread](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g000000XedYAAS&Failure+when+using+Denodo+Testing+Tool/). To get a simple test running, following the instructions on the [Denodo Testing Tool User Manual](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/document/denodoconnects/6.0/Denodo%20Testing%20Tool%20-%20User%20Manual), I adapt the test configuration.properties file with just VDP as data source, and the authentication properties will be looking like this: ``` vdp.username=admin vdp.password=admin ``` For the test itself, I have adapted a simple query in the test: ``` %EXECUTION[query] { ds:vdp } SELECT column_1,column_2 FROM test_db.test_view WHERE column_1 = 1 ``` This works for admin/admin but if I made a typo in configuration.properties, like using "admir" in the user or the password, I will get the same error you are getting. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
08-02-2024 09:27:43 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here