You can translate the question and the replies:

How to clear out the VCS indicators after turning off VCS?

I've been setting up VCS management with Git on my VDP for Design Studio in our DEV environment in order to develop and document the procedure to use verison control. After several trial and error actions, I want to basically start over with a clean slate. I've tried to removed the Git directories on the remote Git repository and removing the directories under /opt/denodo/denodo-8/work/vdp/repository, but the Design Studio still shows the VCS icons on the Virtual Databases I was playing around with. I've turned off VCS management for those Virtual Databases, but it still seems like Denodo is aware of everything previously done to those objects. How do I clear those out so I can start testing with them again?
VCS
user
08-02-2024 13:33:05 -0500
code

4 Answers

Hi, I understand that you are seeing the VCS indicators in the Design Studio even after disabling VCS in the respective databases. I suspect that this issue might be arising as the local repositories are missing, which you mentioned you had deleted. If I face a similar issue, I would navigate to **Administration > VCS Management**, disable the "USE version control" option and save the changes. Finally, re-enable the option and save again. This should prevent the VCS icons from being displayed in databases where VCS is turned off. In addition to this, please refer to the [VCS Configuration](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/administration/version_control_systems_integration/vcs_configuration/vcs_configuration) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information related to configuring VCS. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
15-02-2024 01:46:43 -0500
code
I've tried the above suggestion, and that has no effect.
user
15-02-2024 09:14:20 -0500
I even committed the virtual database again to the local repository, disabled, and it still shows indicators and waiting to be synced to the master remote repository
user
15-02-2024 09:17:24 -0500
Hi, I would like to let you know that it is not a recommended practice to manually **delete/modify** the local VCS repositories created by the Denodo Server. Also, I was able to resolve the issue by restarting the VCS feature and the Denodo Virtual DataPort Server. To do so, navigate to **Administration > VCS management**, uncheck the **use version control** option and save the changes. Once done, please enable the VCS option again and restart the server. If the issue is still not resolved and you need any further assistance, I recommend you create a new support case on the [Denodo Support Site](http://support.denodo.com/). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-02-2024 01:26:53 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here