You can translate the question and the replies:

Getting error while creating diagnostic report in Diagnostic & Monitoring Tool

Hi Team, When you create a diagnostic report in Diagnostic & Monitoring webtool, a Diagnostic Database is created in VDP admin tool by default. I have to delete this Diagnostic database due to some reason. Now again I want to create diagnostic reports. But now I am unable to create diagnostic report and getting error "Unexpected error creating diagnostic in VDP". Even I cannot delete the previous created diagnostic report and getting the same error while deleting the report. The user is admin so there is no privileges issue. I have tried to create this report with another user (having admin rights) but getting same error. I am able to add server and can monitor all its components. Could you please guide to solve this issue. Thanks

2 Answers

Hi, When I faced the “Unexpected error creating diagnostic in VDP” error in Diagnostic & Monitoring Tool, I checked the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool and I found that the **diagnostic** database is missing. Hence, I **recreated** this database under "Administration > Database Management" menu of the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool. After creating this **diagnostic** database, I was able to successfully access the Diagnostic and Monitoring Tool, create new diagnostics and also delete the existing ones. You can take a look at the [Creating Diagnostics](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/dmt/creating_diagnostics_and_diagnostic_intervals/creating_diagnostics/creating_diagnostics) section of Diagnostic & Monitoring Tool Guide for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
06-01-2021 04:25:37 -0500
code
Thanks a lot team! This solution worked.
user
06-01-2021 04:40:52 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here