You can translate the question and the replies:

Issue with fields with the new Denodo 6 version through JDBC

We tackled a new error, after update to the last Denodo 6 version (from January 2017). we get an exception from : com.denodo.vdb.engine.wrapper.raw.jdbc.JDBCAccess [] - Error creating new metavalue the next line of the exception is : com.denodo.vdb.engine.rawvalue.action.ValueRawVisitorException: ArrayRawV0 can'tbe stored in value of type 'text' This started from upgrading to denodo 6.0.4
user
22-03-2017 05:57:03 -0400
code

6 Answers

Hi, I think the exception could be due to version mismatch between the JDBC driver in Denodo Platform and JDBC driver you used in your program. I would recommend you to recheck the version of JDBC driver that you use in your program is same as the one in Denodo installation path and use the one which is available in the below path: ``` "<Denodo_Home>\extensions\thirdparty\lib". ``` Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
28-03-2017 01:45:29 -0400
code
No mismatch, and again, answers are not helping. I need detailed logs to understand what is happening and how to deal with such issues on my own, as the answers I get in this forum, are ignoring my questions. In short, it does not help at all, and if you'll please read my questions again, you'll understand that I am not getting any answers to my fully explained questions, but some hints and riddles about stuff which probably seems to you as if it is a way to answer the question, but it does not.
user
14-04-2017 05:17:16 -0400
IMO, this is not a replacement for the support channel. It is a way to ask a question and (potentially) get an answer so you can go on your way. If you're receiving errors with the product, put in a ticket and they will continue to go back and forth until it is resolved. I've been a member of many similar communities over the years, and I use them to ask questions about best practices or advice. If I run into a bug, I don't expect it be resolved in a community, especially for closed-source software. Again just my 2 cents.
user
14-04-2017 11:46:12 -0400
I agree with the previous answer, if you need faster or detailed answers it will be faster if you open a support ticket in the Denodo Support Site. Also you mentioned "my fully explained questions" but I've read your question like 5 times and I have no clue on when you are getting that error. Is that when creating a JDBC data source? Is that when accessing Denodo using the JDBC driver? If you read the VDP Administration tool section, 22.4 CONFIGURING THE LOGGING ENGINE you can find how to obtain more log information to debug your issues. As a summary: - from the Denodo Administration Tool open - Tools - VQL Shell - execute call logcontroller('com.denodo','debug') - execute your tests - check the DENODO_HOME\logs\vdp\vdp.log file - Once you are done with your tests execute call logcontroller('com.denodo','error') I also encourage you to be respectful in your responses in this community. Users here will do their best on answering your questions so please refrain from back and forth debates or personal attacks.
user
 Edited on: 09-06-2020 11:13:22 -0400
Hi, This is taken from the vdp.log file, after being altered. The problem is that even using the "trace" level of logging in log4j properties file, doesn't shed any light on this issue. It seems like a severe bug though, since there are 2 stages : 1. Mapping the data sources into tables & fields. This is the phase where all the meta-data is kept. 2. Running queries. Receiving an error of the form - "type is mapped incorrectly" while trying to run a query seems like a serious issue in that case.
user
14-04-2017 16:19:30 -0400
Again, I have no idea of what you are trying to do unless you expand in your description. Are you getting that error when connecting to a Denodo JDBC data source or when connecting to Denodo using Denodo's JDBC driver? If this is a GUI problem, the errors will be in the vdp-admin.log instead so check that one too.
user
 Edited on: 09-06-2020 11:13:22 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here