You can translate the question and the replies:

Cache tables storing multiple cache records

Refers to Denodo 7. One of my cache tables stores multiple caches, although it is set up to invalidate all rows. Only when calling 'clean_cache_database' the invalid rows are being removed and the table gets cleared. Other very similar cache tables never contain mulitple caches. I have also noticed that when the job is disabled, it still writes few additional caches to the cache table (this happened overnight). The job is not supposed to retry when fails. This refers to a cache job set up via scheduler. Please let me know why only one of my tables stores multiple caches? What is causing a difference between other scheduler jobs. Thanks, Sylwia
user
14-12-2021 05:52:11 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, In general, whenever the cache is preloaded for the particular view, a separate cache table will be created with columns of the view along with the other columns (expirationDate and rowStatus) in the underlying cache database. When you execute the particular view (cache enabled), you could find the corresponding cache table name in the Execution Trace of the query and only the cache data with field rowStatus **‘V’ (valid)** would be retrieved from the corresponding cache table. Further, while calling the “clean_cache_database” it deletes the rows with invalid rowStatus from the respective cache table. For more information, you could refer to the Knowledge Base Article [Best Practices to Maximize Performance-Caching](https://community.denodo.com/kb/en/view/document/Best%20Practices%20to%20Maximize%20Performance%20III:%20Caching?category=Best%20Practices) where you could find the detailed information about the Cache, how it works, and other operations performed in Cache. Regarding Scheduler, I would suggest you check the trigger section and other related job configurations in order to check the job execution. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
15-12-2021 07:12:38 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here