You can translate the question and the replies:

Access to Scheduler Administration Tool is denied

Hi, I installed Denodo Express for learning purpose. User admin, password admin, per default. I run servers, I use the Web Design Studio. OK VDP, the scheduler and index servers are running, but the access to SAT is denied ("Connection error when authenticating"); the scheduler admin log mentions : [http-nio-9090-exec-4] ERROR 2024-01-26T14:46:01.284 com.denodo.scheduler.rest.api.security.SchedulerRestApiConnectService [] - Connection refused to host: 10.255.122.124; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.255.122.124; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect I checked the port 8000 with telnet, it is responding. Any clue ? Thanks in advance Laurent
user
26-01-2024 09:03:39 -0500
code

4 Answers

Hi, This error happens when Scheduler is not reachable at the specified port. It's possible for Scheduler to appear to be running in the Control Center without actually being up if another process is using the port. In this situation, I would use the ping script for Scheduler in `<DENODO_HOME>/tools/scheduler` to make sure the Scheduler server is actually up. Refer to [Use of the Ping Script (Scheduler)](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/scheduler/administration/appendix/use_of_the_ping_script) in the User Manuals to learn more about this script. Also, you can examine error messages in the Scheduler log under `<DENODO_HOME>\logs\scheduler\scheduler-admin.log` as suggested in this similar community question: https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9064u000000H9zCAAS&title=Connection+error+when+authenticating Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
01-02-2024 17:33:13 -0500
code
Hi, Thank you for your answer. Despite I've got an answer with telnet on port 8000 (scheduler server) and 9000 (scheduler index server), the ping script ends with timeout. Anyway, if the port is not reachable, and since the schedulder server is shown as running, what to do ? My issue is not solved... Regards, Laurent
user
 Edited on: 13-02-2024 08:48:58 -0500
Hi, Most likely another program is listening on port 8000, and Scheduler is not actually running. The Control Center indicates whether a program is listening on a components port, which might not be the component itself. In this scenario, I would check if any other programs are listening on port 8000. If needed, you can change the Scheduler port without the Scheduler Admin Tool with the properties `Launcher/registryPort` and `Launcher/runtimeRegistryPort` in `<DENODO_HOME>/conf/scheduler/ConfigurationParameters.properties`. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
09-02-2024 19:59:38 -0500
code
Hi, Thanks to your instructions, I've changed port 8000 to 8123, and now the scheduler server is running. Thanks a lot!
user
 Edited on: 13-02-2024 08:48:58 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here