You can translate the question and the replies:

Schedule Handler email-exported-files - Only if file exists?

We have a scheduler exporter that writes a simple CSV file with the results of a minus query that compares 2 similar data sources. We are currently using the email-exported-files handler to email that file. I'd like to only receive an email if there is a file - currently I don't see a configuration item to do that. So I end up getting a blank email, and the scheduler report shows that it failed because of FILE_NOT_FOUND. Is there an easy way to do this other than writing my own extension?
user
06-04-2015 14:50:26 -0400
code

4 Answers

Hi! When you say "scheduler exporter that writes a simple CSV file". Are you using a custom csv exporter or the default CSV Exporter provided by Scheduler? I have the following scenario: * 1 job with a VDP query, 1 CSV Exporter (provided by Scheduler) and the email-exported-files. * If I run a query that return data, I have a CSV file, and an email with the file attached. * If I run a query that does not return data, I have an empty CSV file, and I do not have email. If you are using a custom csv exporter make sure that you are including the appropriate collection of files in the close() method. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-04-2015 05:36:02 -0400
code
I'm using the standard default CSV Exporter provided by Scheduler. I'm also using the standard (or Denodo Connect) version of email-exported-files handler.
user
07-04-2015 08:21:34 -0400
Hi! Can you tell me which version of the email-exported-files handler do you have? The jar file containing the handler contains in its name a date which represent the version. Can you also tell me which is the update that you have installed in your Denodo Platform? Best!
Denodo Team
07-04-2015 13:12:03 -0400
code
We're using 20150209 for Denodo, but I didn't realize we're using a very old plugin from 201309. I grabbed the latest one off Denodo Connect and imported it and now it is not sending me a blank email. I should have checked for a new plugin first. Thanks for the hint!
user
07-04-2015 14:14:22 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here