You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo logging to s3

Hi, I have three instances running on aws, one for vdp , scheduler and data catalog. I have enabled s3 logging to yes. In the denodo article , its says data catalog takes the log42j details same as vdp but i can see only logs from scheduler and vdp but not from data catalog. I havent added s3 appender in scheduler log42j file but i can still see the logs from scheduler. What is actually happening here?
user
20-02-2023 22:18:19 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, The S3 logging in the Advanced Options of Cluster configuration is basically used to store all the logs captured for all the servers of the cluster, it is same as capturing Denodo Monitor logs for all the servers. It can be used for monitoring the performance of each server within the cluster or to troubleshoot any of issues etc. For your scenario, the Scheduler logs also gets auto-stored in the defined S3 bucket likewise, the Data Catalog logs will be stored in the same location, which is the expected behavior. You could refer to [**Advanced Options**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/solution_manager/administration/automated/creating_clusters/creating_clusters#advanced-options) section of Solution Manager Administration Guide for more information. In case, if you need further help with the logs storage, you could create a Support case at **Denodo Support Site** so that our Support Team will help you further. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-02-2023 02:50:48 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here