You can translate the question and the replies:

There are 3 fields in the schema - "Field Name", "Field Type" and "Description". Can I add multiple description columns like "Description_1", "Description_2" and so on? OR how can I add the metadata?

There are 3 fields in the schema - "Field Name", "Field Type" and "Description". Can I add multiple description columns like "Description_1", "Description_2" and so on? OR how can I add the metadata?
user
16-01-2018 12:53:22 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, When editing a view, you have access to an additional description field and some other metadata at that level. At the field level, the additional metadata stored beyond the field name, type, and description are the [Query Contraints](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/vql/creating_a_base_view/query_capabilities_search_methods_and_wrappers/query_constraints) for Operators, Obligatoriness, Multiplicity, and Possible Values, as well as whether a field is included in a query output. Depending on your use case for needing additional descriptions, I would consider a "metadata view" that you can join to your primary view for purposes of capturing the additional field level metadata you are looking to capture. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
17-01-2018 16:32:18 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here