You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo VQL Server on linux & VDP Admin Tool from local computer has connection time out

Just installed and started up a denodo vdp server on a linux ec2 instance. Was using on local win desktop so semi understand the features and workflow. The vdp server is running on the linux box, appropriate ports are open and being listened on. No port rules stopping traffic in or out. My local computer's administration tool spins for a while on connect and then finally fails for "connection error: Connection timed out: connect". Finally was smart enough to try the web port 9090 in a browser and it comes back with a denodo platform page not found. Which does mean the ports are allowing traffic and service is running (or at least the web server part). What are my next steps to find out what is wrong? Is there an error log somewhere? Is there more to do then run the vqlserver_startup.sh? Other things that may or may not help: - installed with sudo to root - using port 9999 on admin tool connect - netstat -tulpn shows listening on local addresses: -- :::9999 -- :::9998 -- :::9090 -- :::9098 -- :::9997 -- :::9996 Thanks, Eric
user
29-05-2015 17:05:43 -0400
code

3 Answers

Hello, In order to be able to connect with your Admin tool to a cloud deployment, there are some extra setup steps to complete. On the EC2 instance: 1. Add an entry to /etc/hosts, mapping the instance's INTERNAL IP (let's say, 1.2.3.4) with the host name you want to use to connect: 1.2.3.4 denodoec2 2. Go to the Denodo Platform Control Center, click on Configure, JVM Options, RMI host tab. Change the Virtual DataPort host value to the host name you set up before (denodoec2) On the client side (your local Windows desktop): 1. Add an entry to your hosts file, mapping the EC2 isntance's EXTERNAL IP (let's say, 50.60.70.80) with the same hostname used before: 50.60.70.80 denodoec2 You should now be able to connect to the EC2 server from your Denodo Admin tool using //denodoec2:9999/admin as the server URI. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
01-06-2015 14:18:21 -0400
code
Thank you, as that did work. So I take it that the app does not like direct ip use for connection hosts. I would have never figured that was my issue so thanks again for the massive help!
user
02-06-2015 14:24:59 -0400
Glad to hear is working for you! You can find general instructions about installation on a cloud environment in this KB article: https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Installation%20&%20Updates/Installation%20steps%20on%20a%20cloud%20environment
Denodo Team
09-06-2015 04:48:11 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here