You can translate the question and the replies:

Flatten a register in XML

Hi team! I have a couple of XML files with a register in it. These are orderfiles from different sources, so they use different names for fields. I'd like to make a new virtual generic table (ordertable) with these XML files, but it seems I can't flatten a register. Is there any other way to combine different XML files into one view? Regards, Nita
user
13-04-2017 04:08:12 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, the flatten operation is used for Array fields only. If you want to "project" register fields, you can do that in the output tab of a view. Just do right click on top of the register field and you will have a "project subfields..." option. Also, if you want to join two XML sources by using register fields, you can do it in the following way: - Create XML Source A and base view a_bv - Create XML Source B and base view b_bv - Create join view and drag and drop a_bv and b_bv - In the Model tab - Maximize a_bv.registerfield - Maximiz b_bv.registerfield - Drag and drop the condition field Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
14-04-2017 13:00:07 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here