You can translate the question and the replies:

Join views with the following fields are obligatory: table_name

Hi, How to join 2 views with obligatory fields. In Base view itself the fields are declared as obligatory. So where can i get the obligatory field values. Please help.
user
20-10-2023 23:52:11 -0400
code

3 Answers

Hi, For your scenario, I used the “[DESC VIEW <view>](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/developer/appendix/output_schema_of_the_desc_commands/output_schema_of_the_desc_commands#:~:text=DESC%20VIEW%20%3Cview%20name%3E)” command in the VQL shell, where I got the obligatory field details under the “capacities” section of the output with constraint “OBL”. For example: > DESC VIEW student The view “student” has two fields “id” and “name” where “id” is an obligatory field. If the above command is executed in the VQL shell, you could see the name of fields and its type like below in the “capacities” section. > ADD id (=) OBL ONE You could use this way for finding the obligatory fields of a view. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-10-2023 06:42:27 -0400
code
Hi, If id is made as obligatory field and while running the view i have to give some value since its mandatory. So how to get the id value.
user
24-10-2023 06:51:13 -0400
Hi, The value of the Obligatory field is same as the value found in the column. I assume that you have created the base view on top of a database. You could get the values of the obligatory field from the base view or the source table. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-10-2023 01:26:45 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here