You can translate the question and the replies:

Joining two parameterized views

Hi Team, What is the way to join two parameterized views?
user
09-08-2023 21:25:08 -0400
code

1 Answer

Hi, If you're joining the two views on a field that is not a parameter you should just be able to perform a normal join, all the parameters from the two views will be merged by Denodo and visible as where condition in the final view. ``` SELECT * FROM my_database.my_bv_1 WHERE my_parameter = <?>; SELECT * FROM my_database.my_bv_2 WHERE my_parameter = <?>; ``` After creating the join view: `SELECT * FROM my_database.my_join_view WHERE bv_1_filter = <?> AND bv_2_field = <?>;` You can also create Join View using parameters as join conditions (of course not on both sides of the join). Using Join reordering optimization, Denodo is able to give a value to the parameters, collect the data of the parametrized view and execute the join. In this second case you will not have parameters as where condition of course. For more information have a look at [Parameters of Derived Views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/creating_selection_views/creating_selection_views#parameters-of-derived-views). Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
22-08-2023 10:21:57 -0400
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here