Connection to oracle fails when denodo jdbc jar is used in a java project

Whenever the denodo jdbc driver is added to the maven project and a connection to denodo is established, connections to other oracle databases fail. When the denodo driver is removed from the project, oracle connections are successful. I need to use both Oracle and Denodo drivers in the code. Error message: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.configuration.ConfigurationParametersManager). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly. log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info. ERROR: SQL Exception when connecting to the database: DB1 java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
user
27-03-2018 15:22:05 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, When I ran a similar Java program that connects to both Oracle and Virtual DataPort server, I was able to connect and query the databases successfully. I made use of the Denodo JDBC driver located at <DENODO_HOME>/tools/client-drivers/jdbc in order to make the connection to Virtual Dataport. You can check if there are any other configuration changes that are impacting your connection to Oracle databases. You may also verify the credentials to Oracle as the error suggests the credentials are not correct. If you are still not able to resolve the error and if you are a customer with valid support user, you can raise a support ticket so that Denodo support team can assist you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
29-03-2018 09:02:33 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here