You can translate the question and the replies:

Connecting from your application - JDBC Clients

Hi, I recently installed Denodo Express on my machine (Windows 10 64-bit machine). While working on the tutorial, I downloaded the DBVisualiser Free 10.0.10. I defined a Denodo driver and when I tried to create a new database connection (the database url is jdbc:vdb://localhost:9999/tutorial, which already exists), which uses the new JDBC driver, i got an error (below), please help. An error occurred while establishing the connection: Details:    Type: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException Stack Trace: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMISocketInfo    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) [wrapped] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/rmi/transport/proxy/RMISocketInfo    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.VDBProxy.a3(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.VDBProxy.openClientConnection(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.connection.VDBConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.datasource.VDBDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.dao.DAOVDBProxy.connect(DAOVDBProxy.java:187)    at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCConnection.getConnection(VDBJDBCConnection.java:124)    at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver.connect(VDBJDBCDriver.java:203)    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.D.ā(Z:1548)    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.F$A.call(Z:1369) [wrapped] java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/rmi/transport/proxy/RMISocketInfo    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.F$A.call(Z:2374)    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [wrapped] java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy4.connect(Unknown Source)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.I.H.Ŋ(Z:154)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.I.H.Ĵ(Z:1692)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.I.K.Ĵ(Z:3063)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.I.D.Ĩ(Z:1756)    at com.onseven.dbvis.K.C.W.Ġ(Z:2613)    at com.onseven.dbvis.K.C.J.Ă(Z:1374)    at com.onseven.dbvis.K.C.J.doInBackground(Z:1521)    at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)    at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Regards, Lebo
user
11-04-2018 06:05:45 -0400

9 Answers

Hi, When I connect to Denodo Platform from DBVisualiser, I would ensure the following, * Choose the "denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar" located in the folder <DENODO_HOME>\tools\client-drivers\jdbc. * Check whether the RMI host of Virtual DataPort Server is "localhost" by navigating to "Configure > JVM Options > RMI host" and the Virtual DataPort Server is running. If these details are provided correctly in the configuration of DBVisualiser, then you will be able to connect to Denodo Platform by following the steps in the tutorials "Connecting from your application - JDBC Clients". Hope this helps !!
Denodo Team
12-04-2018 07:26:49 -0400
Hi, I have the exact same issue. I have tried both the points raised above but with no success. Is there anything else to try?
user
24-04-2018 06:49:55 -0400
Hi, same here, can't use the JDBC client driver with denodo 7 : I keep having a connection refused from some clients and this exact error from DbVisualizer. Regards, Yannick
user
16-08-2018 09:22:41 -0400
I ran into this issue and got through it. Restarting the Virtual DataPort Server brought up 2 Firewall exceptions. I then, restarted DbVisualizer 10.0.14 and it connected right away.
user
18-08-2018 12:25:43 -0400
Hello, I am trying to connect DENODO server using jaydebeapi and com.denodo.vdp.jdbc.Driver driver using python. My script is perfectly running in my local system(windows 10) but I am facing 'jpype._jexception.NoClassDefFoundErrorPyRaisable: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/rmi/transport/proxy/RMISocketInfo' issue while running same script on windows server 2012. Is there any specific changes are require to establish JDBC connection on windows server using python?
user
 Edited on: 16-10-2018 16:29:09 -0400
I have a same issue too. did you find your solution is it working on windows 2012, what is the workaround?
user
08-05-2019 03:52:21 -0400
I have a same issue too. did you find your solution is it working on windows 2012, what is the workaround?
user
08-05-2019 05:44:01 -0400
Its acutlly working fine when used oracle java 1.8 earlier in my case java_home is pointing to open_jdk java.
user
08-05-2019 05:44:49 -0400
Hi! I did find something similar with DBVisualizer. This was related to the JAVA version used in that version of DBVisualizer and the JAVA version used by Denodo 7.0, that is Java 8. it seems that the release 10.0.11 of DBVisualizer downgraded the Java version to JAVA 8, as it was creating some issues for previous versions: https://www.dbvis.com/releasenotes/10.0#w-9 Anyway, I was able to connect to Denodo using DBVisualizer 10.0.8 by following the steps mentioned in this website https://support.dbvis.com/support/solutions/articles/1000231944-how-do-i-change-the-java-version-that-dbvisualizer-use- and chossing a JAVA 8 version. Finally, in a future update of the Denodo Platform 7.0, the JDBC driver will also be updated to avoid similar situations and allow applications using Java 9 or upper to connect to Denodo using the JDBC driver. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
08-05-2019 05:54:02 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here