You can translate the question and the replies:

Launch denodo_platform failed

Hi, I have just install on a Redhat 7.5 Linux Server the Denodo Express Edition 7 with trial licence. The installation works right in command line and I filled all in full mode (17 packages installed). When I decided to launch the Denodo platform shell script in command line I have directly "null" and server stops. I change the log level ressources/launcher to ALL and I see thant the script don't resolve this : -DconfFile="tomcat.properties" and I have to change by : -DconfFile="/home/ec2-user/Denodo7/resources/apache-tomcat/conf/tomcat.properties" Now it continues but failed with JNDI error and I don't undestand : 863 [main] DEBUG 2018-04-24T19:33:12.728 com.denodo.util.configuration.ConfigurationParametersManager [] - *** Using JNDI for configuration *** 869 [main] TRACE 2018-04-24T19:33:12.734 com.denodo.util.configuration.ConfigurationParametersManager [] - Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial Can you help me ? Stéphane.
user
24-04-2018 15:55:48 -0400

4 Answers

Can you help me. I have test it twice and same error when I start the service. Thanks, Regard. -SR
user
27-04-2018 04:49:15 -0400
Hi, When you install the Denodo Platform, you are required to do the following checks in order to avoid errors while launching the Denodo Platform. * The licnese file is properly installed. * The host configurations are properly configured. * The environment variable JAVA_HOME needs to be set. * Denodo Platform 7.0 requires java 8 in order to run. Seeing the error your java home is not properly configured. I would set the java home to inbuilt java that comes with the Denodo Platform installation and then try launching the Denodo Platform. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
27-04-2018 09:10:48 -0400
Hi, My JAVA_HOME pointed to the embedded DENODO JRE in DENODO HOME. I declare it in my bash_profile. I try twice to install on linux platform and I have the same problem. I edit the start denodo platform script and I "echo" all variable and I see that we haven't "denodo-commons-launcher-util.jar" file. Can you help me plz ? SR/
user
03-08-2018 05:59:23 -0400
Hi, I was able to install the Denodo Express 7.0 in the linux environment without facing any issues. I would recommend you to check the following and also follow the steps listed in the quick start guide. * Correct bit version of the linux installer is downloaded. (32/64) * Valid license file is being used. * Software and Hardware requiements needed for the Denodo Platform. * Also java version 8 as Denodo 7.0 requires java version 8. Please refer to the**[ quick start guide](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/DenodoExpressQuickStartGuide)** and you will be able to install and run the Denodo Platform 7.0 express. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
16-08-2018 09:08:48 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here