You can translate the question and the replies:

Cannot set up a database connection through DbVisualizer

Hi everyone, actually, i'm working on denodo 7.0 and i'm trying to set up a database connection through DbVisualizer. I'm following the denodo tutorial and i'm at connecting from your application level, but i'm getting this error below : An error occurred while establishing the connection: Details:    Type: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException Stack Trace: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMISocketInfo    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) [wrapped] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/rmi/transport/proxy/RMISocketInfo    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)    at java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.VDBProxy.a3(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.VDBProxy.openClientConnection(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.connection.VDBConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.datasource.VDBDataSource.getConnection(Unknown Source)    at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.dao.DAOVDBProxy.connect(DAOVDBProxy.java:201)    at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCConnection.getConnection(VDBJDBCConnection.java:127)    at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver.connect(VDBJDBCDriver.java:202)    at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor73.invoke(Unknown Source)    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.D.ā(Z:1548)    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.F$A.call(Z:1369) [wrapped] java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/rmi/transport/proxy/RMISocketInfo    at com.onseven.dbvis.g.B.F$A.call(Z:2374)    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [wrapped] java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.connect(Unknown Source)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.I.H.Ŋ(Z:154)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.I.H.Ĵ(Z:1692)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.I.K.Ĵ(Z:3063)    at com.onseven.dbvis.db.I.D.Ĩ(Z:1756)    at com.onseven.dbvis.K.C.W.Ġ(Z:2613)    at com.onseven.dbvis.K.C.J.Ă(Z:1374)    at com.onseven.dbvis.K.C.J.doInBackground(Z:1521)    at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)    at java.desktop/javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Does anyone know how to fix this, please ? Best regards !
user
25-04-2018 06:10:27 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I tried to connect to Denodo Platform 7.0 from JDBC Client like DBVisualizer and I was able to connect it successfully. For this scenario, you could perform the following checks: * In DBVisualizer, ensure to load the JDBC jar file in the Driver Manager. You could do this by navigating to **Tools > Driver Manager** and in the Driver Manager window, go to **Driver > Create Driver** and then, add the Denodo Platform 7.0 JDBC driver jar file (denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar) which is located under the '<DENODO_HOME>/tools/client-drivers/jdbc' directory. * Ensure to use the Driver Class name as **com.denodo.vdp.jdbc.Driver** You can have a look at the [Connection using third party SQL clients](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Connection%20using%20third%20party%20SQL%20clients?category=Northbound+Connections) Knowledge Base article for further information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-04-2018 08:19:37 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here