You can translate the question and the replies:

ODBC connection issue

I am trying to connect sql server 2014. I installed ODBC drivers provided from denodo but connection issue as below. What is the fix for this?? "Unable to establish connection: server closed the connection unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request."
user
26-04-2018 11:30:34 -0400

4 Answers

Hi, Regarding the error, first I’d ensure there is no connectivity issues between the source and the Denodo server. I’d also strongly recommend you to use JDBC driver instead of ODBC to connect to MS SQL Server. It is faster even if the underlying data source is the same. For this, please take a look at the following section of the Administration Guide: [JDBC Sources](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/jdbc_sources/jdbc_sources). There you can find further information around working with Denodo and JDBC Sources. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
03-05-2018 08:31:06 -0400
There is no connection or network issue but I am already using JDBC drivers to connect sql server it is getting conencted but still has problem not conenction as below. I am able to connect sql server but it takes time and it shows only system tables (audit tables sql server internal etc etc) for that concern database which are not meeting my requirment. I am trying to connect datawarehouse tables and build datamart for reporting stuff as POC in denodo. I am using 1 month trial version before buying tool license. I would like to explore the options in it. I appreacite you help in this. please sugest to over come this.
user
03-05-2018 08:46:39 -0400
Hi, Please check if your user has access to the tables you want to read and also if the URI you use is correct. I’d also try the connection from another client using the same configuration. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-05-2018 04:09:52 -0400
Worked like charm. Thank you
user
07-05-2018 06:50:51 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here