You can translate the question and the replies:

When importing multiple files from JSON Data Source, a default name is given for the files. Can we change those default names?

After creating JSON data source and selecting a folder containing multiple files, after executing in the execution panel the results are given a default name. I am getting the output as: [Array]... [Array]... [Array]... [Array]... [Array]... There are 5 files in the folder. On double clicking "[Array]..." I get values present in that particular file. Is there any way we can get file names instead of "[Array]..." in output?
user
31-05-2018 08:39:57 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, So the [Array] is a compound type of data that is often returned when using a JSON data source that has multiple levels/nodes of data - an array represents multi-valued data that is presented as a list of items. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the default name for an Array because the word [Array] is a type of data being returned instead of a particular folder name. I would like to add that if you wanted, you could "Flatten" the array and return the values in the Array and save it as a different view with a view name of your choosing. There is a point in our tutorial [here](https://community.denodo.com/tutorials/6.0/browse/basics/3adv2flatten) that goes into the Flatten operation that I think you may find useful. I hope this helps!
Denodo Team
01-06-2018 12:04:58 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here