I have not experienced the ODBC crash issue on my machine. In case of such issues, I would follow the below steps:
* For Windows environment, in the configuration of the DSN, make sure that,
*Server side prepare is cleared
Updatable Cursors is cleared (these are in Page 2 of the configuration of the DSN)
Use Declare/Fetch (page 1) is selected*
* For Linux/Unix environment - I would set the above flags accordingly on the denodoDSN template file.
* Ensure latest version of the driver is installed.
* Ensure the driver version is compatible with the client application that is going to use the driver.
* Finally, restart the machine.
You can refer to the tutorial “[Connecting from your application – ODBC Clients](https://community.denodo.com/tutorials/browse/basics/4connect2odbcclient)”, “[Access Through ODBC](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/developer/access_through_odbc/access_through_odbc)” and “[Configuration of the ODBC Driver in Linux and Other UNIX](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/developer/access_through_odbc/configuration_of_the_odbc_driver_in_linux_and_other_unix/configuration_of_the_odbc_driver_in_linux_and_other_unix#configuration-of-the-odbc-driver-in-linux-and-other-unix)” sections of the Virtual DataPort Developer Guide to get more details.
Hope this helps!