You can translate the question and the replies:

Error while connecting to VDP Admin tool in linux

Hi, I have installed Denodo express 7.0 on a linux machine(EC2 instance), VDP server is running but I am not able to connect the VDP Admin tool. Error is : " Intialization Error:connection error:connection refused:connect " Is there any alternative for VDP Admin tool for denodo installed on linux. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks Aditya
user
06-08-2018 18:08:54 -0400

4 Answers

Hi, The error would have occured when Virtual DataPort Administration Tool is not able to connect to the Virtual DataPort Server. In order to resolve the issue, I would perform the following checks: * Check that Virtual DataPort Server is in running status in the Denodo Platform Control Center. * Launch the Denodo Virtual DataPort Administration Tool and check that the Server URI is pointing to the correct port of the Virtual DataPort Server. The URI for a default installation is //localhost:9999/admin. Ensure that the port is not used by any other applications as it will block the connection. * Check the log file found in <DENODO_HOME>/logs/vdp/vdp.log for more information on the error You may refer to the [Ports needed by the VDP Server](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Ports%20needed%20by%20the%20VDP%20Server?category=Operation) Knowledge Base article and [Launching the Virtual DataPort Server](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/installation_and_execution/launching_the_virtual_dataport_server/launching_the_virtual_dataport_server) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-08-2018 02:09:53 -0400
Hey Hi Please go to configure and add license file so that you can connect after adding license file. I think this could be helpful for you. Thanks Prashanth.
user
07-08-2018 04:33:26 -0400
Hi, I have installed Denodo on linux so I have started the VDP server by running $Denodo_home/bin/vqlserver_startup.sh, and it is in running state. How can I create and access the data sources in linux? In windows we use VDP admin tool, but I am unable to understand which tool I have to use in linux. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks Prashanth, I have already added the license file while installing denodo. Thanks Aditya
user
07-08-2018 12:54:42 -0400
Hi, You can use Virtual DataPort Administration Tool to create and access the data sources. The tool can be launched by executing the script <DENODO_HOME>/bin/vdpadmin.sh You can refer to [Launching the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/installation_and_execution/launching_the_virtual_dataport_administration_tool/launching_the_virtual_dataport_administration_tool) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
16-08-2018 00:39:55 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here