How do I display the URL for a Web Service in the Catalog?

The Catalog is becoming a great tool. I like how we can display Web Services in the Catalog, but I cannot see how to display the URL to call, and the syntax for a Web Service. It seems liek a no-brainer to display this info, so I assume I'm just missing it. How can I display the URL for a web service in the Catalog? Also, Is there a way to display the syntax for the web service? I know I could put this into the description, but would be so easy for the server just to display since it can easily be machine generated.
user
10-08-2018 11:01:42 -0400

5 Answers

Hi, Currently, the information of the web service is available at the Web Services Container of the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool and not in the Data Catalog. You can view the <hostname:port> of the Web Container Status and the Context Path of each web service from there You may refer to the [Web Service Container Status Table](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/publication_of_web_services/web_service_container_status_table/web_service_container_status_table) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
13-08-2018 05:27:37 -0400
thanks. I was affraid of that. The whole point of the Catalog, at lease for us, is to expose data for discovery and use to our internal customers. Our internal customers do not have access to VDP admin, so they cannot see the screens you refer to. Can you *please* consider adding the URL and syntax as a stadnard part of the Web Services screens in the Catalog? This would be right in line with the purpose of the catalog. Thanks.
user
13-08-2018 12:52:58 -0400
Hi, If you have a valid support user account, you may raise a support case of type ‘Request’ at the [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/) so that it can be evaluated by the Denodo Team. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
29-08-2018 01:23:29 -0400
Thanks. My denodo admin as very busy, and I don't want to bother her with having to enter a support request for a feature. Since this feature would help your product to be more competitive, and would help all your customers, I would hope that you could add it as an idea for consideration.
user
29-08-2018 11:56:17 -0400
Hi, I'm glad to inform you that the feature to have the information of Web Service URL to be available in Data Catalog will be included in the future releases. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-09-2018 01:20:42 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here