You can translate the question and the replies:

Connecting MS ACCESS

Dear reader, I am trying to connect to a MS ACCESS DB. I followed the instructions in this post: https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g0000000A0OAAU&title=Ms-Access+database+connection I am getting the following error in VDP when I test the connection: Unable to establish connection: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver. When I try the direct connection. I get the same error. Any Solution? Greetings, Jeroen Verbakel
user
12-09-2018 09:43:22 -0400

5 Answers

Hi, The first thing that comes to mind is that you’ve somehow not set up the DSN correctly. This error in my experience occurs when the adapter simply can’t find the connection it’s looking for, as opposed to getting a connection timeout or a connection refused. I would make sure that you created a 64-bit DSN using Microsoft Access Driver, and just in case, when creating the data source, I would try choosing the “Select Automatically” when selecting the database adapter. You can find more details regarding creating ODBC data sources in denodo [here](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/importing_data_sources_and_creating_base_views/odbc_sources). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
13-09-2018 16:33:53 -0400
Thanks for the answer, but it still not working. Same error everytime. In the vdp-admin.log logfile I found "Missing configuration parameters". Can this help to find a solution? 0 [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1] FATAL 2018-09-19T09:43:47.704 com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.introspect.util.AdminSourceIntrospectionServiceUtil - Missing configuration parameters com.denodo.util.configuration.MissingConfigurationParameterException: Missing configuration parameter: 'com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.wrapper.jdbc.util.jdbcDriversLibDir' at com.denodo.util.configuration.ConfigurationParametersManager.getParameter(ConfigurationParametersManager.java:135) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.introspect.util.AdminSourceIntrospectionServiceUtil.<clinit>(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.util.introspectionservice.util.SourceIntrospectionServiceUtilFactory.getInstance(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.util.introspectionservice.util.odbc.ODBCAdminUtil.<clinit>(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.dockable.datasources.edition.CreateODBCDataSourceDialog$9.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.dockable.datasources.edition.CreateODBCDataSourceDialog$9.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 78 [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1] ERROR 2018-09-19T09:43:47.782 com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy - sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.clientResult.VQLException: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.printer.GetVDBObjectPrinter.format(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.common.clientResult.ErrorResult.accept(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.VDBProxy.exec(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.client.VDBProxy.exec(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy$4.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execute(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxy.execStatement(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.wrapper.WrapperAdminFacade.testJDBCConnection(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.introspect.VQLSourceIntrospectionService.testJDBCConnection(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.util.introspectionservice.util.jdbc.JDBCAdminUtil.testConnection(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.util.introspectionservice.util.odbc.ODBCAdminUtil.testConnection(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.dockable.datasources.edition.CreateODBCDataSourceDialog$9.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.components.dockable.datasources.edition.CreateODBCDataSourceDialog$9.doInBackground(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 78 [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-1] ERROR 2018-09-19T09:43:47.782 com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.introspect.VQLSourceIntrospectionService - com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyException: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
user
19-09-2018 03:53:47 -0400
Hi, Since I was unable to reproduce your error, if you have an active support account, I would recommend opening a ticket to address this issue. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-09-2018 10:47:52 -0400
I found the problem, We are using denodo 6 with java 8. I found a workaround. Put jdbc.jar in directory O:\Denodo\JRE8\lib\ext (file found on internet) Put JdbcOdbc.dll in directory O:\Denodo\JRE8\bin (Is from java 7 ). Now it works. Is the java 8 issue solved in denodo 7?
user
27-09-2018 08:56:41 -0400
Hi, Denodo 7 comes with a complete java 8 jre, and while I’m glad it worked for you, I don’t really recommend messing with the dlls and jars of your jre. Again though, I’m glad this worked for you.
Denodo Team
08-10-2018 12:35:46 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here