Migration from 6.0 to 7.0

Hi, I am planning on migrating legacy denodo to 7.0. My enviornment is as follows: 1) Current state: Dev 6.0 Prod 6.0 (We do not have QA.) 2) For future state a) I have two new servers (one for Dev and one for Prod). Now I want to bring over databases (metadata) from Current state DEV server to Future state DEV server. Question: 1) Would 6.0 from current state directly be importable to 7.0? or i would need to first install 6.0, import current state, and then upgrade new server to 7.0? Thanks, Hamid
user
16-11-2018 15:46:25 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, When migrating from Denodo 6.0 to 7.0, the VQL should be exported from 6.0 and imported directly into your 7.0 installation. Therefore, you only need to install Denodo 7.0 on your new servers. Before exporting the VQL from your 6.0 installation, you should make sure to: 1. Install the latest Denodo Platform update on the 6.0 installation 2. Set the migration properties described in the migration guide. For more information on the migration, I suggest that you read through the [Migration Guide](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/platform/migration/index). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-11-2018 17:49:05 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here