catalog view to list base view along with data source information

Hi , is there a way I can list out all the base view from each data source in Denodo ? I am not looking to manually go and check it under data source, I want something like Denodo view CATALOG_ELEMENTS() which does give me Base view name but not the source to which it is pulled from. thank you !
user
22-09-2017 16:56:16 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, You could use the stored procedure VIEW_DEPENDENCIES, to list the base view and its associated datasource. I would execute the below query in a VQL shell, to retrieve the list the views of type base view created from the Data source in a Database. `Select dependency_name as DatasourceName, view_name as BaseViewName From VIEW_DEPENDENCIES ('<DatabaseName>',null) where view_type = 'Base View' and dependency_name = '<DatasourceName>'; ` You could refer the section [VIEW_DEPENDENCIES](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/view_dependencies#view-dependencies) in Virtual DataPort VQL Guide for more details on it. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
25-09-2017 09:31:13 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here