You can translate the question and the replies:

Is it possible to create volatile table(temp table) in teradata via Denodo?

I was trying to create a baseview in denodo by using the below query. i am getting an exception com.denodo.util.exceptions.InternalErrorException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 15.10.00.35] [Error 1077] [SQLState HY000] executeQuery() cannot be used when there is no result set expected; use executeUpdate() or execute() create volatile table xyz (outlet_id, Outlet_name, Address, SubCat_code) as ( select Outlet_Id, Outlet_Name, addr,subcategory_code from table1) with data primary index (outlet_id, SubCat_code) ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS; Please let me know if anyone has tried and come across the issue. Thanks, Senthil.
user
29-09-2017 14:32:22 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, I suppose that you are using the option “Create from query”. The target of this feature is to create a base view in Denodo, therefore the Server expects to receive data after executing the query. The CREATE query is a DDL statement that allows the creation and definition of new elements but it does not return any data, therefore, as far as I know, Denodo does not allow DDL sentences in the “Create from query” option. Also, I would say that it does not have sense to create a volatile table from Denodo since every time that the view is queried it will try to create the table again (remember that Denodo gets the data in real time). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
04-10-2017 08:18:35 -0400
Got it.Thanks for the response.
user
 Edited on: 12-10-2017 02:59:30 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here