how to avoid time zone conversion in Denodo ?

Hi, Is there a way we can avoid any implicit timezone conversion in Denodo ? We have a column in a table which house datetime from different regions of US along with an additional Flag column which tells us about the time zone of the row. In this scenario, we can not set i18n option for the base view as this table has timestamp from different regions. We don't want to convert any of these timestamps and want to use as it is, what are my options here ?
user
03-10-2017 17:44:43 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, In Virtual DataPort, the internationalization configuration (i18n) is used to display the field with date value in a specific time zone. I would convert the date values to a string data type by using the FORMATDATE function by creating a derived view to avoid the values to be displayed based on internationalization configuration. You could refer the section "[FORMATDATE](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/vql/appendix/syntax_of_condition_functions/date_processing_functions#formatdate)" in Virtual DataPort VQL Guide for more information on it. Hope this helps you.
Denodo Team
04-10-2017 09:43:57 -0400
Yes same issues here. One of the worst "feature".
user
03-12-2018 14:17:40 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here