For this scenario, I would create the base view using the “Create from query” option with interpolation variables by doing the following steps:
1. Open the JDBC or ODBC type data source and click on the "Create base view" option at the top.
1. Select the 'Create from query’ option.
1. Enter the view name and the SQL query with interpolation variable on the ‘Create Base View from SQL Queries’ dialog.
select * from <Table_Name> where <Field_Name> = @field_name
1. Click 'Ok' and enter the values for the interpolation variables in the ‘Edit variable values’ dialog. Using these values, Virtual DataPort will execute the query and obtain the metadata required to create the base view.
1. Click on 'Save' to create a base view.
For more information, you can have a look at section [Creating Base Views from SQL Queries](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/importing_data_sources_and_creating_base_views/jdbc_sources#creating-base-views-from-sql-queries) of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide.