issues facing in Cross Join

Hi Team, I am trying to do cross join but I am getting below error messgage. Exp: I have view "A" with four columns and view "B" with one column cross join condition A crossjon B output: 5 columns (4 from view "A" and 1 from view "B") while trying to excute, I am getting the below error. Please help me once. Error executing query. Total time 0.484 seconds. QUERY [PROJECTION] [ERROR] QUERY [VIRTUAL] [ERROR] QUERY [ODBC WRAPPER] [ERROR] QUERY [JDBC ROUTE] [ERROR] Received exception with message 'ERROR: relation does not exist SALESMI.NFDBA.S1' ERROR: relation does not exist SALESMI.NFDBA.S1 Thanks, Saidi.
user
05-10-2017 11:40:15 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I tried to create cross joins betweens views and it worked fine for me by following the below steps * In the Model tab, drag and drop the views ‘view_a’ and ‘view_b’. * In the Join Conditions tab  choose  “Add cross join” to define a cross join between views. * Select the required fields to display in the output tab and execute the view. For more information on defining joins refer the [ Creating join views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/creating_derived_views/creating_join_views#creating-join-views) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps you!
Denodo Team
06-10-2017 09:11:45 -0400
Thanks a lot for your support, I am using netezza is my database. some times I am getting the above error while trying to do cross join ...if keep on changing left view to right or right view to left for cross join after some time it was worked without any issues. I am not sure its suppose to work anywhere right
user
06-10-2017 11:45:24 -0400
Hi, It works for me in all the cases. In your case, I recommend you to enable VDP-requests.log file, to view the queries sent to the Server. Using which you could view the executed queries and the one which returns error. I would do the following steps to enable requests log, * Change the log category ‘com.denodo.vdp.requests’ to 'INFO' level by calling the LogController Stored Procedure in the VQL shell as, CALL LOGCONTROLLER('com.denodo.vdp.requests', 'INFO') * The request information sent to the server are logged in to the directory <Denodo-Home>\logs\vdp\vdp-requests.log. Hope this helps you!
Denodo Team
16-10-2017 08:47:01 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here