In Virtual DataPort, by using FileSystem Custom Wrapper you could retrieve data from multiple excel files that have same structure. The FileSystem Custom Wrapper can be dowloaded from [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/resources/denodo-connect/list/Denodo%206.0).
I would do the following steps to create a datasource over excel files,
* Create a custom datasource using the FileSystem Custom Wrapper.
* Create a base view (bv_view1) over that Custom datasource and provide the value for parameters "recursive" and "parent folder". Refer the user manual in the directory <Denodo-filesystem-customwrapper_Home>/doc.
* Create a new Excel data source, by choosing "Local" as file location and specify interpolation variable (@variablename) in the file path.
* Create the base view (bv_view2) in the Excel data source. Refer the [Paths and Other Values with Interpolation Variables ](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/importing_data_sources_and_creating_base_views/path_types_in_virtual_dataport#paths-and-other-values-with-interpolation-variables) section for more information on interpolation variable.
* Create a join view between the "bv_view1" and "bv_view2" based on the condition, `bv_view1.fullpath=bv_view2.variablename`
* Execute the join view to get the desired results.
Hope this helps you!