You can translate the question and the replies:

Same wrapper is being assigned

Hi Experts, I have table which is available in multiple sources (I mean exact same name in different db's), I noticed same wrapper is being used for both the tables. Is there a way to avoid happening this ? and what are all downsides with this ? Thanks in advance!
user
23-10-2017 11:52:11 -0400

6 Answers

Hi, When I created base views in Virtual DataPort Administration tool for two tables with same name residing in different databases, I can see two different wrappers created. The name of the wrapper would be same as of the base view. If both the sources are of similar type, then the type of wrappers created will be of the same type. For example, if both sources are JDBC data sources (Oracle and MySQL), then the wrappers utilized for creating base views for these would be of type JDBC wrapper. If your base views of the tables exist in two different Virtual Databases and have the same name, then both the views will have two different wrappers but with same name. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-10-2017 05:48:31 -0400
I am ok if wrapper name is same but problem is both wrappers point to same folder and the name. I noticed it is not doing that always. some times it create different too. if I create 10 base tables with same name among 10 I noticed 2 or 3 tables have this issue and if I do source refresh it will get fixed.
user
 Edited on: 05-03-2019 14:54:19 -0500
Hi, The wrappers are created with same as name as base views. If you have created the base views with the same name as in the source table, the wrappers are also created with same name. When you rename it to a new name (say bv_table_name) and when you do 'Source Refresh', the wrapper name is also changed to match the new base view name. We recommend to provide different names for the base views created from different sources in order to ensure that the wrapper names are not the same. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-11-2017 07:26:13 -0400
it sound like we need to do a source refresh after name change, is that correct ? any easily way to do source refresh for more number of objects(100+) ? becuase we import 100's of object and rename with Prefix option availble,
user
denodo team, your input would be reaaly helpful here(it sound like we need to do a source refresh after name change). thanks!
user
Hi, Yes, if you perform a Source Refresh after renaming a Base View then the Wrapper name will be also renamed. Source Refresh has to be made manually on each Base View because there could be changes in the source. If the modifications in the Base View affect other views, the Administration Tool will display a dialog with a list of the affected views, then you will have to select which views you want to propagate these changes to, by selecting the check boxes that appears right before each view’s names. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
14-11-2017 11:36:44 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here