Exalsol as Cache DB

I want to configure Exasol DB as a Cache Database. In the first step I configuare a normal JDBC-Datasource for the Exasol DB. That works. In the second step I configure a generic cache DB. I use the following parameters: Driver class Path: '/opt/denodo/denodov60/extensions/thirdparty/lib/exajdbc.jar' Driver class: com.exasol.jdbc.EXADriver Database URL: jdbc:exa:server:port;schema=db The Option "Can Data Movement" is not active. I have filled out the XML File <DENODO_HOME>/conf/vdp/cacheConfig-generic.xml. After I configure this Generic Cache Driver I get this messages: com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyException: error modifying database: View names not available What reasons fpr the exception are possible? What can I do to solve it?
user
08-11-2017 05:19:19 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, This error could have occurred when you manually try to alter the external cache database using the VQL command. I would use the graphical tool rather than VQL command to configure the cache database. In addition to that ensure that you have defined the datatypes that are supported by the Exasol database in the ‘cacheConfig-generic.xml’ file. The option ‘can be data movement target’ would be enabled for the databases that are officially supported by the cache engine. You could refer the [Generic Support for Other Databases](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/cache_module/generic_support_for_other_databases/generic_support_for_other_databases#generic-support-for-other-databases) and [Cache Module](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/cache_module/cache_module#cache-module) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more details on configuring the generic database and the cache databases that supports Data Movement respectively. Hope this helps you!
Denodo Team
09-11-2017 07:22:24 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here