Changing/updating the values of wrapper during migration

Hi , I have a base views in multiple schemas of a datasource. Below is a example of wrapper CREATE WRAPPER JDBC <view_name> FOLDER = ‘/base views/’ DATASOURCENAME=db_name SCHEMANAME=’XYZ’ OUTPUTSCHEMA ( However, while changing the environment [QA to Production], I would like to change the Schema of the particular baseview. Please find below . CREATE WRAPPER JDBC <view_name> FOLDER = ‘/base views/’ DATASOURCENAME=db_name SCHEMANAME=’ABC’ OUTPUTSCHEMA ( Just wanted to check if this is possible through any script ?
user
22-11-2017 05:29:13 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, In Virtual DataPort, you can change the schema name of the base view by modifying the wrapper. I would do the following to change the schema name of the base view when migrating from QA to Production environment. * Copy the VQL of the base view from the QA environment and replace the parameter SCHEMANAME='XYZ' as  SCHEMANAME='ABC'. * Execute the modified VQL of the base view in the VQL shell of Production environment. The schema would be replaced for the base view and all its underlying derived views. Ensure that the credentials configured for the datasource (db_name) has permissions over the new schema. You could refer the Community answer how to [switch to different schema in Denodo](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g0000004EutAAE&title=how+to+switch+to+different+schema+in+Denodo) as it is similar to your question. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
23-11-2017 02:08:48 -0500
Thanks for the quick response. This might help if the activity is for a specific/One view in that schema. However , my requirement is to change schema names for multiple views at a single time. Can we do that ?
user
23-11-2017 02:26:12 -0500
Hi, In Virtual DataPort, you could change the schema name of multiple views at a time by creating a new JDBC datasource with the configuration of schema ABC and create base views with the name of the existing base views. This would replace the base views with new schema and will be updated in all its underlying derived views. You could refer the following knowledge base article [How to replace a data source without modifying the derived views](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/How%20to%20replace%20a%20data%20source%20without%20modifying%20the%20derived%20views?category=Data+Sources) for more information. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
27-12-2017 04:04:58 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here