You can translate the question and the replies:

Delimited file data source, start at specific line

I am using DENODO VDP version 6.0 20170925. I want to create a demilited file data source, but my file contains comments in the first 6 lines, each comment marked with the character #. Is it possible to start reading the file only after the comments? Thank you
user
07-12-2017 07:19:09 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, For your scenario, I would do the following steps: 1. Create a new Delimited data source and provide the delimiter in the 'Column delimiter'. 1. Specify a below regular expression in the "Start of data zone delimiter" that would skip the first six lines of the delimited file. * #[a-zA-Z0-9]*\n#[a-zA-Z0-9]*\n#[a-zA-Z0-9]*\n#[a-zA-Z0-9]*\n#[a-zA-Z0-9]*\n#[a-zA-Z0-9]*\n By doing the above steps, I would be able to create a base view that would skip the commented lines. For more information, you can have a look at the section [Delimited File Sources]( https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/administration/creating_views/importing_data_sources_and_creating_base_views/delimited_file_sources ) of Virtual Dataport Administration Guide. Hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
08-12-2017 08:45:54 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here