You can translate the question and the replies:

Active connections staying opened

I have been observing in my monitoring logs that VDPActiveConn are high and constantly growing. You would expect a connection to be opened, used and closed. Yet in my logs they are staying oepned. I checked via JConsole the connections and 140 were opened at the moment. I started to see the dates they were opened and they go as far back as two weeks. The connections are staying opened regadless of query sent, or user. The only pattern I see is that most of them are coming from ODBC client requests. Has any one experienced this before? If so what was the solution?
user
05-05-2020 17:11:44 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, If you create new connections and you haven’t close them, then it will remain open and will be utilizing resources till an undefined time or it could depend on timeouts if you have configured. Hence, I would suggest you to check your ODBC client applications, in order to properly close the connections after using them. Besides that, in Denodo you can also configure the ODBC socket inactivity timeout using the below parameter in Virtual DataPort: * ** com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.socketTimeout** You can define this property by executing the following statement in the VQL shell as a server administrator. `SET 'com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.socketTimeout'='<Value>'` Once you have executed above mentioned SET command, restart the Virtual DataPort Server for the changes to take effect. If you have defined the value for the property as 1800000 for instance, then this will automatically close an unused ODBC connection after 30 minutes. Hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
15-05-2020 01:05:04 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here