You can translate the question and the replies:

Jar could not be deleted: error removing JAR: Error loading user

Version: Denodo 7.0 I am getting same error as explained in the QA at https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g00000009rlAAA&title=Error+removing+JAR%3A+Error+loading+User%28XXXXXX%29 Jar could not be deleted: error removing JAR: Error loading user(‘XXXXXX’) I made sure all the assigned policies are removed before removing the JAR file using extension management, but still it is creating this error. Admin user also tried to delete this JAR file through extention management, but same error. Is the only way is to physcially remove this JAR file? Please help to resolve this error. These JAR files are deployed by the same user 'XXXXXX' and when the same user tests that policy, the deployed user is attached to the process and following that unable to remove the JAR through extension management. Here is the error when I associate the policy deloyed by 'XXXXXX' to a different user and test it. User 'XXXXXX' also has admin privilege. com.denodo.vdb.catalog.view.CustomPolicyAdapter [] - User 'XXXXXX' not found when obtaining the databases where he is admin com.denodo.vdb.security.exception.UserNotFoundException: User 'XXXXXX' not found Below are the errors I see in the VDP log file when I try to delete from extension management. com.denodo.vdb.catalog.jar.MetaJar [] - Unexpected error finding JAR dependencies to revoke com.denodo.vdb.catalog.user.LoadUserException: Error loading user 'XXXXXX' com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.DropJarAction [] - DropJarAction com.denodo.util.exceptions.InternalErrorException: Error loading user 'XXXXXX'.
user
19-05-2020 11:16:49 -0400

4 Answers

Hi, There is a possibility that the JAR file is being used by some process when the user is trying to remove it. I would recommend you to follow below steps: * Shutdown all Denodo Servers. * Start Virtual DataPort Server as administrator. * Start Virtual DataPort Administrator Tool as administrator (if required). * Login to Virtual DataPort Administrator Tool using an admin account. * Go to File->Extension Management and remove the JAR file. Note that even if a normal user has admin privilege on a Database, the user will not be able to remove the JAR file. Importing and removing the JAR file requires Server level admin privilege. Please refer to a similar [Q&A](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g000000TR92AAG&title=Error+accessing+the+metadata) for further details. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
20-05-2020 05:42:59 -0400
Thanks for the info and time. In our current environment we don't have the liberty to stop and start servers and it needs to go through a process. The Denodo Server is hosted in a Unix machine and we use VDP admin tool on a windows machine to connect to the server. I have the administrator privilege on the server and I deployed extension using my user name. I could see after it is deployed and after the first execution, somehow some process is getting tied to my user name and subsequent to that I am unable to remove the JAR file even though I am the administrator. Also, I had our administrator tried to remove the JAR file using his account and he gets the same message and unable to remove it. Also, it is only the JAR files that have custom policies that have these issues. When I separate out the SPs and functions, I am able to easily remove and add JAR files. Considering these below are my questions. * What is the best practice to deploy JAR files containing custom policies? So, we could easily add and remove the JAR files while developing and testing those. * For example if a custom policy gets modified and needs a newer version to be deployed, then do we need to remove all the occurrences where this policy is assigned and only then we could deploy the JAR successfully? * Is there an out of the box stored proc to figure out all the views a custom policy is attached? Please advise and let me know if you need any further information.
user
22-05-2020 17:09:20 -0400
What I meant by second bullet is can't we just deploy again without removing those occurances and deploy newer version?
user
22-05-2020 17:16:29 -0400
Hi, I would follow the steps provided in [this](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/denodo4e/reference/deploy/deploy_wizard/deploy_wizard#the-deploy-wizard) document to deploy JAR files containing custome policies. There is no need to remove the occurrences of the custom policy before deploying a modified version. While deploying the policy from the deployment wizard, I would check the option "Replace extensions if they already exist". This would overwrite the existing JAR file. To find out all the views a custom policy is attached to, I would make use of the predefined stored procedure "VIEW_DEPENDENCIES". Refer to this document on the [VIEW_DEPENDENCIES](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/view_dependencies#view-dependencies) stored procedure to get more details about it. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-06-2020 01:51:57 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here